Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Obamacare and the Republican Spin machine

I received this in an email today and read it thinking that it was a joke or something. But no, it's apparently a serious call to all serious minded republicans to call their representatives to end "Obamacare" You'll note there are several outright lies in the email which the Right continues to perpetrate- lies they tell in order to inflame and divide. They do not want this country to united under one governing body- unless it is them! And they will lie, cheat, beg, borrow, and steal to get there. I have no great love for the Democrats. They are really a lesser of two evils for me-- they are just as in bed with corporate interests as the Republicans are- but I cannot abide a group of people that are as bigoted and hateful as the Republicans are-- now I have a confession to make. I am a registered Republican and once voted Republican. I was terribly conservative (just like Arianna Huffington) but this is the thing: I began to realize that much of what they promised were lies and they were conning the little folk into believing paranoid crap that really did not effect the small business person-- it was really true of large corporations, not mom and pop shops. But it took a long time-- in fact it took some years when my kids dad finally admitted that it was the Corporations he worked for that drove him out of business not the government and the back taxes he didn't pay. I am not saying that all individual Republicans are evil-- I saying that Republican ideology is bad and the group itself is evil. If you associate with them... well, you are associating with a bunch of thugs who lie. Here's the email:
Obamacare Is In Serious Jeopardy 
Let Your Voice Be Heard and Make a Difference!
Dear Newsmax Reader,
I am writing to you urgently today because there is a small window of opportunity to repeal Obamacare.
The Republicans are planning to stop Obamacare in its tracks, and the vote may come as early as Wednesday.
But they and many wavering Democrats need your support — and the support of your fellow Americans.
Soon, this repeal effort will move to the Senate. Right now, many Republicans and Democrats are rethinking their original support for this horrendous bill.
It recently has been exposed that Obamacare will . . .
  • Add more than $1 trillion to our federal budget (and that is a low estimate)
  • Cut Medicare benefits for seniors — more than $500 billion
  • Initiate healthcare rationing for the elderly
  • Raise $500 billion in new taxes and fees levied on you!
  • And cause many other irreversible damages to our great country
Newsmax has decided to take the initiative, and we are asking you to join us in a truly powerful petition effort to repeal Obamacare once and for all.
Please sign this petition, which will be sent to our elected officials, demanding that Obamacare be repealed.
Simply Click Here for Details
This is a small window of opportunity, and will likely be our last!
Let Your Voice Be Heard 
Click Here
Thank you in advance, 
Christopher Ruddy 
CEO and Editor in Chief
At the bottom it said: This e-mail is never sent unsolicited. You have received this Newsmax e-mail because you subscribed to it or someone forwarded it to you.

I hope everyone I know knows me better than this-- and trust me I do not sign up for emails from any conservative groups AT ALL! (All links have been removed from the email... if you want me to forward you the original so you can see the email for yourself I will be happy to do so.)

No comments: